While most people in the world look for meal plans or diet plans to reduce weight, there are some others who may need to gain weight and may be looking for dietary ways to do so. Yes, following a healthy and suitable diet is the best way to gain calories and hence weight.
But in order to do so, it is not necessary that one will have to eat all kinds of junk or fast foods. Also, it is not necessary to stop doing physical workouts or regular exercises. There is also a healthy way to gain pounds and that is through meal recommendations. The following are the most effective meal recommendations for those trying to gain weight.
- When you are trying to gain weight, it is important to follow an organized eating plan and to educate yourself about proteins, carbs and fats. You must gain calories gradually and make dietary changes in a slow yet steady manner. Consuming too much of fats and carbs to gain weight may not be the best method to do so and may lead to unhealthy gain.
- Carbohydrates-carbs are required to gain energy and going high on them will help you gain weight through fat. If you include lesser carbs in your diet than required, then the body will use macronutrients as energy and this can be bad for you. So engage in eating both simple and complex carbs but remember that complex carbs are better for bulking up. Some examples of complex carbohydrates include brown rice, oats, pasta, beans and vegetables.
- Protein-another meal recommendation to gain weight is protein. Protein is very important for our body since it helps us to build lean muscle tissue and this is how one gets big. When you eat a diet rich in protein, you will grow faster in size. The best sources of protein include poultry and meat. Even certain types of fish including tuna are good for getting protein in your body. Protein supplements too are available in the market and can be used to gain weight. Also, proteins do not have any negative side effects on your health.
- Fats-fats usually have a bad reputation associated with them but are actually important if you are trying to gain weight. However one must avoid Tran’s fats and concentrate on poly and mono fats as they help the body to raise natural testosterone. Salmon and fish are incredible sources of protein and the good fats that you want. Also, consume a lot of nuts and cook them with olive oil for quick weight gain.
- Natural supplements-besides these foods and nutrients, you can also try some natural supplements which can help to gain weight tremendously without any side effects. Some of these supplements include multi vitamins, whey protein, creatine, L glutamine and others. These supplements can give you the extra boost you require and when added with other ways to gain weight, they tend to produce better results.