You will often come across people with dark pigmentations on skin; it can be on the face or on other parts of the body as well. The pigment on our skin known as melanin decides the skin color of every individual; it is the natural pigmentation process. However, due to some health disorders and improper lifestyle the darkened pigmentation occurs like patches on the natural one, which makes it look uneven.
There are many home remedies to treat this issue and natural ones are always recommended because using of chemicals can be really harmful for the skin. Here are some of the easy homemade remedies for pigmentations disorder that you may find useful. These remedies might take longer period of time to show effects but they are proven to be successful and safe.
Effective Home Remedies for Pigmentation
Homemade remedies can be safely used to heal pigmentation disorders because unlike cream and medicines they will not harm the skin. Here are some most useful remedies.
- Aloe Vera has some properties which can effectively lighten dark spots. You have to apply the Aloe Vera juice, on the affected area of the skin and keep it for about 15 minutes. Then wash it off with lukewarm water. Repeat this until you can see some improvement.
- Cocoa butter can be useful for removing pigmentation and making the skin softer as well. It contains anti oxidants which can protect the skin from the harmful things which can lead to pigmentation. You need to put the cocoa butter on the skin and massage it until it gets absorbed by the skin.
- Often the skin darkens due to prolonged exposure to harsh sun. In such cases guava can be used very effectively in order to lighten the skin. It contains lycopene that fights with the pigmentation. Banana too can lighten the skin by scrubbing the problem causing elements out. Make a paste of mashed banana and guava and apply it on the skin, and keep until dry, then wash it away with water, you will see the paste working within a few days.
- Using of milk and turmeric powder can also help in this problem. Mix some turmeric powder in a little milk and make a paste. Apply it to the affected area, and gently massage. Then wash away with mildly warm water. Do this regularly for best result.
- Lemon and cucumber are two very effective skin lightening agents. A combination of these two is bound to get you great result. Apply them everyday together and then let it dry for about 15 to 20 minutes and then wash your skin. Follow this routine for a few days at a stretch.
- Papaya is also good for the skin, as it contains enzymes that help you exfoliate. Use papaya paste daily on the effective place. It might take a month or so to show the difference, but it will definitely make your skin look better.
The above given remedies will not only treat pigmentation but will also keep your skin healthy and glowing.