Contrary to popular belief, dementia is not actually a disease. By the word dementia the doctor understand a wide range of symptoms. The symptoms consists declining memory, and other such problems associated with the process of thinking in general.
When the situation is serious enough, that a person’s thinking abilities and his or her memory is severely compromised, so that they are unable to perform mundane activities, then it is called dementia. However, it is not known to a lot of people, that dementia can be prevented and not only that, its effects can be reversed, by using some home remedies. Here are some of the home remedies that you may find useful if you have someone suffering from dementia.
Effective Home Remedies for Dementia
Dementia is not a singular disease but an umbrella term under which a lot of problems like, problem of thinking, cognitive speech desire, loss of memory, and social skills etc, can come. It is generally caused by the slow yet progressive deaths of the brain cells. However, there are some natural remedies that work well with people facing these problems, such as
There are certain types of foods, eating which can be helpful for you in fighting with dementia. Here are some examples of these foods.
- Filtered water- not too many people know that alongside flushing out the toxins from the body, it also helps in hydrating the body cells including the brain cells.
- Spices- few spices like, cinnamon, black pepper, turmeric etc are good for your body because, they are anti viral and anti inflammatory, which the sufferers of dementia need.
- Whole foods- it is better that you should give more organic foods, leafy vegetables, nuts and seeds, even livers, to a person suffering from dementia.
On the other hand, people suffering from dementia must be kept away from some food items like those containing trans fat, refined sugars, margarines etc, in order to keep the body and the brain healthy.
- Gingko biloba tree leaves extract can be given to a patient suffering from dementia. These leaves also have anti viral and anti inflammatory components, which can be helpful in the prevention of the breaking down of the brain cells.
- Coconut oil is often called a ‘magic bullet’ since it always works well with the patients of dementia. It contains a substance which is known as Ketones. This substance is known as a very good quality of brain food. Moreover, the coconut contains some healthy fats, which helps in preparing a layer inside the nervous system and ensure a better functioning of the brain.
- Minerals are also useful as a remedy that can prevent or reduce the effects of dementia to some extent. For the brain the liquid colloidal minerals work best. For replenishing magnesium a transdermal magnesium spray could be useful
It is also important to keep a dementia patient mentally as active as possible, because an active brain gets less affected. These are some of the important home remedies that are useful for treating dementia.