Surya Namaskar or sun salutation is one of the best and most popular Yoga postures or exercises followed across the globe. The main idea behind this posture is that sun is the source of energy and life on this planet and greeting it every day means extending your respect and gratitude to it.
Surya Namaskar consists of a sequence of 12 yoga postures and is best done at the time of sunrise. It provides a full body workout and offers many health benefits. The following is a list of some of the most amazing health benefits of doing Surya Namaskar.
- One of the main benefits that doing Surya Namaskar everyday gives is that it helps you to strengthen your digestive system. It not only cures constipation, bloating and other digestive issues but also prevents them.
- Surya Namaskar is also found to be beneficial for the nervous system including the brain, spinal cord, and the lower plexus. Doing it regularly reduces forgetfulness, erases worries and cures brain fog.
- Surya Namaskar is also good for the heart health since it prevents and lowers blood pressure, cures palpitation and thus prevents any heart related problems. Doing it on a daily basis can strengthen the heart and improve its overall health.
- Surya Namaskar targets many different body parts simultaneously and improves blood circulation throughout the body. It not only boosts quality of circulation but also makes blood reach all parts and organs of the body uniformly.
- Doing surya Namaskar can also enable you to stimulate your grandular activity. Since this yoga pose leads to stretching and compressing of the neck and throat, it stimulates the thyroid gland and the possibility of goiter is reduced.
- Surya Namaskar also helps to strengthen various parts of your body including neck, shoulders, arms, fingers, wrists, back, stomach and waist. It is also great for the back, intestines, ankles, knees and calves. It is better than any other full body workout method.
- Engaging in Sun Salutation on a regular basis can help the uterus and ovaries and may result in minimizing menstrual disorders.
- If you have some kind of kidney troubles, then surya Namaskar can prove to be great for you. This yoga pose helps to cure all kinds of kidney related problems and must be done on a daily basis to fasten results.
- Another major benefit of surya Namaskar is that it helps to boost your immune system and enables you to fight illnesses and diseases in a much better way. It makes you disease resistant and keeps you healthy and fit.
- Those who perform surya Namaskar daily tend to have better sexual healths as well. Doing this can eradicate most kinds of sexual debilities.
- Sun salutation also proves to be good for anti-aging. It helps to retain youthful buoyancy, provides a glow to the skin and delays age related signs and illnesses.