The apple cider vinegar is a kind of sour tasting vinegar that helps in curing many diseases and also tastes good with some foods. For centuries, apple cider vinegar has been used for various cooking and household purposes. Further researches have proved that this vinegar offers a bunch of health benefits as well such as lowering blood sugar levels, weight loss, and improving symptoms of diabetes. This vinegar is made from apple and of medium amber color.
Apple Cider Vinegar – An Alternative Therapy: Its Benefits
The apple cider vinegar is not just considered to be a drink but helps to treat many ailments and other conditions. Here are a few benefits of the vinegar:
- The apple cider vinegar is used as a regular hair care product. It acts as a good conditioner, cleansing agent and a germ killer.
- It can be used on pets as it is a good ear cleaning agent. The vinegar soothes skin problems and fights parasites.
- It is believed that apple cider vinegar is an outstanding horse hoof care product.
- According to a survey conducted in Japan, it was found that the apple cider vinegar when included in meals for consumption broke down fats in the body resulting in loss of body mass. Hence, it was concluded that the vinegar helps in weight loss.
- The apple cider vinegar is capable of controlling your diabetes and blood sugar. It has an anti-glycemic effect that blocks some part of the digestion of starch. Thus, blood sugar is not increased. This function of apple cider vinegar is equivalent to a type of medication essential for blood sugar. This kind of vinegar also helps the immune functions and helps to treat constipation.
- Consumption of apple cider vinegar lowers the cholesterol level and thus is good for heart health.
- The acetic acid present in the apple cider vinegar helps to reduce blood pressure.
Ways to use Apple Cider Vinegar
- While choosing the product of apple cider vinegar make sure to select the one with nil or marginal processing. Check the labeling while you are buying it.
- Apple cider vinegar is highly acidic and thus take one to two tablespoons each day diluted in either juice or water. Too much use can cause damage to your tooth enamel, throat or tissues of the mouth.
- It is good as a salad dressing. Make use of the vinegar instead of the creamy mayonnaise or sauces. It is also an excellent marinating agent for fish and meat and its addition proves to be tasty when cooked with other ingredients.
- Do not use apple cider vinegar excessively as it may lower the potassium levels and the density of bones.
- It is good for heart diseases and diabetes, when used along with diuretics, laxatives and medicines for some specific ailments.
Thus considering the above points it can be concluded that apple cider vinegar offer various healing effects and health benefits. Having it in moderate amounts of course will not pose any danger.