People are raving about this tart little berry as an all star food. Cranberries contain a powerful cocktail of nutrients like flavanoids and phenolic acids as well. Cranberries are a very good source of antioxidants. These antioxidants slow down oxidation process through their ability to stabilize free radicals by donating an elector. Flavanoids and phenolic acids present in carnberries fix and prevent the damage of cells by lowering the risk of UTI infections. Urinary tract infections (UTIs) affect 3 million people per year the majority of which are women. The adhesion factors on the ends at the bacteria been reattached to the receptors on the bladder wall. This allows the toxins released by the bacteria to get close enough to cause inflammation and infection. It has been recently showed that the compounds in cranberries called condensed tannins or tax can help to promote urinary tract health. The condensed tannins attached to the adhesion factors on the bacteria naturally flushes them out and helps to cleanse and purify the body. Here are the few health benefits of cranberries which you need to know
Top Actually Proven Health Benefits of Cranberry Juice
- The most well known benefit of cranberries is that it helps and fights infections of the urinary tract. The natural acids and chemicals found in cranberry do not allow bacteria to grow and multiply in urinary tract and thus helps to keep the major effect a bay.
- Those who have cholesterol and heart problems should drink cranberry juice as it helps to keep cholesterol levels in control, by reducing the risk of heart diseases.
- Cranberries have a rich amount of Vitamin C in it which helps to prevent tooth decay, formation of plague and formation of bacteria. Oral hygiene is one of the long term benefits of cranberries.
- Research says that cranberries contain an effective compound proanthocyanidin which helps to thwart the growth of tumors in the body. Drinking cranberry juice regularly may reduce the risk of formation of cancer considerably.
- It is an indication that taking cranberry juice may help to prevent from formation of kidney stones. This is because cranberries have a abundance of quinic acid which is crucial in preventing the formation of stones.
- Cranberries are loaded with antioxidants; it is well known that antioxidants are effective at combating the effects of aging. The acids inside cranberries act a skin toner and making it easy to get rid of all oils on the face.
- They contain a antioxidant compounds called polyphenols that help to stop the growth and spread of carcinogens, Cranberries can help to fight against lung, colon, breast and prostate and number of other tumors
- Cranberries contain flavanoids which help to reduce the risk of heart problems like arthrosclerosis, high blood pressure and high cholesterol too. It also lowers the cholesterol levels and also prevents plague from forming on the walls of arteries.
The nutrients inside cranberries can help to stop the degeneration of brain cells. Cranberry juice also stops help to stop age related memory loss and motor function decline.