Breast cancer is a type of cancer present in the breast cells. Breast cancer occurs when the Breast cells change and grows uncontrollably forming a mass of cells in the breast. Breast cancer can be treated in the initial stages on early diagnosis. In later stages breast cancer can be treated through a surgery. Breast cancer can also spread to other parts of the body and is also called as malignant cancer. Breast cancer is common in women when compared to men. Very rare cases of breast cancer in men are reported worldwide.
Breast cancer is a fatal disease that has taken more than 4, 00000 lives worldwide. You need to keep in my mind the following preventive measures to reduce the risk of breast cancer.
- Physical exercise – Regular exercise has shown to reduce the risk of breast cancer in women.
- Body weight – Obese and overweight women are at high risk of developing breast cancer when compared to women with healthy bodyweight.
- Breastfeeding – Research says that breastfeeding women are at low risk of developing breast cancer.
- Increase iodine intake- Insufficient iodine intake or iodine deficiency can increase the risk of many health problems including breast cancer. Iodine is essential for the synthesis of hormones. More amount of iodine is absorbed by the breast cells for proper cellular functions. Deficiency of iodine leads to tissue dysfunction and might result in the tumour formation.
- Nourishes your gut – Naturally fermented foods helps in preventing cancer. Consuming high quality probiotic supplements also helps in enhancing the immune system. Studies says that nourishing the gut helps in inhibiting inflammatory cytokines in the body which in turn slow down the cancer progression and improve response to chemotherapy.
- Avoid genetically modified foods – genetically modified foods are generally treated with herbicides that are carcinogenic in nature. It is better to avoid genetically modified foods in your daily diet to prevent breast cancer.
- Avoid unfermented soy products – unfermented soy is rich in estrogens and phytoestrogens. The estrogens help in increased breast cell proliferation.
- Drink organic green vegetable juice – Drinking organic green vegetable juices helps in fighting against cancer.
- Broccoli – Broccoli acts as anti-cancerous herb. Including broccoli in your regular diet helps in fighting cancer.
- Curcumin – Curcumin is present in turmeric as an active ingredient. Curcumin in high concentrations is useful in treatment of breast cancer. Include turmeric in your daily diet to prevent the risk of breast cancer.
- Avoid alcohol – You need to avoid or reduce the alcoholic drinks as it increases the risk of breast cancer. Women who do not drink alcohol are less likely to develop cancer.
- Vitamin D deficiency – 90% of breast cancer cases are related to vitamin D deficiency. Vitamin D influences every cell in your body. Vitamin D is referred to as natural cancer fighter. Vitamin D kills the cancer cells in the body as effectively as the toxic breast cancer drug. Patients suffering with breast cancer who have high levels of vitamin D in their body are more likely to survive compared to women with low levels. The chance of survival is double in patients with high levels of vitamin D.